About the Data Found on Phonebooks.com
Often users like to know how their information was made available on this site. The Phonebooks.com directory is comprised of information from three different types of sources.
- We derive some of our information from publicly available sources such as the Internet or social networking profiles.
- We also use a group of third party data providers for which their information commonly comes from property records, contests, subscriptions, and so forth.
- We also allow for user submissions with the intention to enhance our directory through the use of community.
We try to be sensitive to privacy concerns and offer users the ability to remove their records from the site at anytime. If you would like to have your name removed from our site, this is your right and we respect it. To perform a removal:
- Find your name results page. You can locate this page by searching with your name and location. If you have found yourself using a phone number or address search click on the name identified on those results pages and this too should also direct you to your name results page. We are sorry for the extra step but often phone numbers and addresses are associated with more than one person.
- Find the "Request That This Person Be Removed" link in the bottom right hand corner of the page.
- Click this link. You will be taken to our removal request form.
- Simply fill out the form and submit the request.
Removals may take several days to take effect, but we will try to get to yours as promptly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, however, following this process insures that we remove the correct person from our database.
*Note, to protect our site from attacks we must limit removal request to one per household, per day.